From the President
WELCOME FROM THE DAFFRON PTA
Our Daffron PTA is excited for the upcoming school year, and we are looking forward to welcoming you as part of our team! Partnering with the excellent school and staff of Daffron Elementary, we are committed to the betterment of the educational experience for all of the students here!
DID YOU KNOW…
- Our PTA members include parents, grandparents, students, staff, and community members.
- Our PTA funds the many student field trips during the year, to the Perot Museum, the Dallas Aquarium, the Dallas Zoo, and the Dallas Arboretum.
- Our PTA fundraising efforts provide educational resources such as technology (iPads and Chromebooks) in the classrooms, extra P.E. equipment, more books in the library, alternative seating, and educational games and activities.
- Our PTA provides programs like STOP (Students Thinking of Other People – 5th grade) and Mission Possible Kids (2nd grade – 4th grade), which promote community involvement and good citizenship.
- Our PTA organizes and schedules after-school experiences in drama, art, chess, and S.T.E.M.-based activities.
- Our PTA has members who help at school and members who help from home.
Please consider joining the Daffron PTA to be a voice for every child! Becoming a PTA member can help ensure the success of your child, with your participation in the educational experience.
STARTING AUGUST 1st:
The Daffron PTA website will be up, and the following can be completed:
- JOIN THE PTA: Please follow the instructions on the website, under BACK-TO-SCHOOL REGISTRATION, or click on the “My Account” menu to register and join.
- VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: This is a link to fill out a volunteer application/background check through PISD. An application must be completed every year, and is the only way that you are able to participate in helping at school events with your child.
- eNEWS: Subscribing to Daffron eNews will help keep you aware of all the events and school happenings.
- PTA NEWS: Registering will ensure that you receive PTA reminders and news each week, so that you have access to all events.
SPIRIT WEAR, YEARBOOKS & GRADE-LEVEL WEAR: You may purchase Spirit Wear and Yearbooks directly from our website. In addition, each grade-level is assigned a specific color, which students wear throughout the year…for field trips,
- pep rallies, Field Day, etc. A shirt in the grade level’s specific color will be available for sale with a Daffron logo. (**Paper forms are also available for the above purchases.)
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Meet the Teacher – Friday, August 18th, 7:30am – 8:30am This is an opportunity to have your child meet his/her new teacher! Your child’s schedule will be posted on Parent Portal on August 17th, if your child is registered.
- First Day of School – Monday, August 21st Please join us in the PTA Room for coffee and snacks after dropping off your child! (Remember, school starts at 7:45am!)
- Parent Night – Tuesday, August 22nd, 6:00pm or 7:00pm Find out a few more details about what you and your child can expect in the classroom! Teachers will present at 6:00pm, and again at 7:00pm.
WAYS TO HELP SUPPORT THE PTA:
- We collect Box Tops twice a year.
- A clothes bin is located outside Daffron for gently used shoes, clothes, and household items.
- Register to support Daffron PTA when shopping at the following: Amazon Smile, Kroger, and Tom Thumb.
- Join us monthly for Spirit Night – a local restaurant is selected each month during school, usually on the 3rd Thursday of most months. Flyers will be sent out each of those months, in Thursday folders.
We look forward to welcoming you as a PTA member, and to seeing you at Daffron!
If you have any questions, please email Jenny Sideris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Join the PTA?
Support our students, staff, and school; stay informed; connect with other parents; make your voice heard; get access to our online directory; and more!
Whether it's an hour a year or an hour a week, providing the napkins for a class party or organizing an event, every little bit helps. You'll be setting a good example for your children and helping our school at the same time.
Volunteers of the Month
Throughout the school year we'll recognize volunteers that consistently go above and beyond!